How to recycle?
Recycling is one of the solutions that we can implement to improve our environment.
Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into reusable objects to prevent pollution on land and in oceans.
- Over 24 trillion Styrofoam coffee cups are throw away each year.
- The amount of wood & paper we throw away is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years.
- On average each one of us produces 4.4 pounds of solid waste each day.
- If all our newspaper was recycled we could save 250,000,000 trees each year.
- Plastic bags and garbage that are throw away into the ocean have devastating effects on sea animals.
- 24 trees are cut down to make 1 ton of paper.
- In the US we use 2,500,000 plastic bottles every hour.
- There is no limit to the amount of times a can made from aluminum can be recycled.
- We generate 21,5 million tons of food waste each year.